Goo Technologies AB
NOTE: The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Site is not directed at children under 13. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Site and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing address at the end of this Policy and we will work to delete that Site account and any such personally identifiable information.
1. Effective Date; Changes.
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Site account and/or through the Site the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Site following such notice as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any material change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
2. Third Parties.
The Site may contain and we may send to registered users offers from third parties or links to third party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
3. Collected Information
When you use the Site, we or the entities with which we cooperate with in order to operate the Site (see the section Use & Disclosure of Information below) may collect the following categories of your personal information:
4. Use & Disclosure of Information
We internally use the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information including, for example, to create and maintain a Site account for you or respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Site to you.
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Site.
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Site in order to help us improve the Site and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our User Agreement (for example, when necessary to protect our or a third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights), in connection with disputes between you and another user or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Site.
We use and disclose the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its interests and usage patterns.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- The Company uses contractors and third party service providers to provide the Site to our users. When our contractors or service provider obtain access to your information, they are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Company.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
5. Viewing and Amending Information.
You can log into your Site account and view or amend your user account information at any time. You are entitled to receive information about our use of your personal data, and to require that we correct, block or erase personal information which we hold about you. In order to receive such information, or to object to the processing of any information, please send an email to email@example.com, specifying your request.
7. Choices Regarding Commercial Offers.
You agree to receive commercial offers from us as well as from third parties. To the extent we send you commercial offers by e-mail regarding marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
9. Transfer As Corporate Asset.
In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
10. International Data Transfers
The Company is based in Sweden, Europe, and your personal information is collected and processed in accordance with Swedish privacy laws and EU Directive 95/46/EC on data protection. As described in the section 4 (Use & Disclosure of Information) above, the Company may however share your information with third parties, out of which some may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
You should be aware that the privacy laws in such countries may not be equivalent to the EU privacy laws, and by using the Site you consent to your personal information being transferred to and processed in countries outside the EEA.
11. Contacting Us.
Goo Technologies AB is the data controller of personal data provided by you. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:Goo Technologies AB
Attn: Privacy Questions
115 23 Stockholm